We all know it’s hard to get your products listed and how much time you have invested to get there.
Now comes the task of keeping your products listed. Retailers don’t expect you to sit back, do nothing and let it sell. You need to support your product and your brand.
- Offer regular sampling. Ensure you look the part and engage with potential customers. If you can’t do the sampling yourself find someone who can and who really understands the products and how to sell them.
- Offer a launch promotion to add impact to your new listing and encourage customer trials.
- Arrange a three month review meeting with the buyer and illustrate to them that you are supporting your brand and explaining what your product development plans are.
- Engage with them on social media, retailers expect you to engage on social media. They will also look at your social media platforms before they look at listing you. Make sure you have Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and that you are active on all platforms.
- Look at gifting solutions and adding value.
- Think outside the box. We suggested a joint branded promo to a buyer on behalf of a client. The brands had the same brand values and the joint promo increased sales by 48% for our client. If you find the right brand and product you can enhance each other’s offering, gain new customers and drive sales.
- Offer a visit to your farm/factory for the employers and buyers as the staff will always sell better when they have heard your story and understand the product.
- Don’t make your case size too big as it’s better to have a smaller case size and replenish more frequently.
- Ensure you have stock as there is nothing worse than a buyer trying to order and not being able to get stock.
Contact us at The Food Marketing Expert on:
Office Number: (01480) 276555