Blog series : 12 Questions you have always wanted to ask a FOOD EXPERT
Question # 12
How important is it to use video to engage with your audience? Is this a must to have for 2017 and what are your top tips?
Answered by Peter Sidwell @ Simply Good Food TV
Content marketing is key for 2017 and many companies have moved in the direction of creating content in 2016 and this will be a key area of growth in 2017.
It is essential as it put your product into context, so consumers and engaged with the product and the brand.
Peter’s top tips are:
- Keep it simple.
- Get your phone out it is a really powerful way to engage with your audience.
- It is vital to know your audience – build up a conversation rather then push sales.
- Understand it from a consumer perspective.
- Ask your customers what they want.
- Establish the places where your customers are – find the right platform. Youtube is a great platform but it easy to get lost. Work out where your customers hangout, it is not a numbers game it’s quality over quantity.
We hope you have enjoyed this blog series and we have managed to answer some questions you have always wanted to ask a FOOD EXPERT.
Merry Christmas from The Food Marketing Expert